DATA SCIENCE COURSES: FEES, ELIGIBILITY, SYLLABUS, ONLINE 2023
INTRODUCTION TO DATA SCIENCE
Data science is the stream of study which comprises domain skills, programming skills, and understanding of mathematics and statistics to take out meaningful insights from prestigious data for business. It is a multidisciplinary aspect. Apart from mathematics and statistics, it also includes artificial intelligence and computer engineering to analyze bulk data.
Data science Specialization:
- Business Analytics and Intelligence: By doing specialization in this stream, you’ll get to know how to make decisions which are best supported in regards to business. In this data is used to interpret and relay and solve the problem of organization.
- Data Science With a Computational Track: It includes, data system, algorithm, data analytics and data infrastructure.
- Data Engineering and Warehousing: It makes you understand about the expertise and methods to manage big data warehouses easily. You could also learn engineering and problem solving skills.
- Database Management and Architecture: You’ll learn how to design data systems and process them. This is most beneficial in the organization to access data.
- Data Mining and Statistical Analysis: It incorporates mathematical and statistical study for training.
- Machine Learning: In this you’ll learn the methods to use algorithms to make automation active. By this specialization you can easily solve complex problems
- Managerial Data Science: This specialization taught you methods to manage data science projects. This may include skills like interpersonal and technical.
WHY TO STUDY DATA SCIENCE
In today’s generation technology is growing dramatically and a person should always get updated with it to avoid competition. Data science is one of the courses after which both qualitative and quantitative career opportunities are available. There are certain reason of choosing data science especially in technical world:
- Data science is important because without data it is very hard for the big organization to come to a firm conclusion before processing further.
- It gives you career opportunities not only as data scientists but in many positions like business analyst, database architecture and data science manager.
- You should choose data science because in upcoming years there will be a lot of opportunities as it is new in demand and always in trend as without data it is not possible for any firm to uncover any information about their competition.
- Most important reason is the high salary. It gives a higher salary than other positions as it demands more attention.
- It is very cost effective. The course availability is on many online platforms and with the certificate of that you can get the job of work from home.
- You should choose it because if job security as it is a growing industry.
WHO CAN DO DATA SCIENCE AND WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA?
- Students who have done higher secondary education (12th) are eligible for data science courses. The only requirement is that the student must have done 12th with a major in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. Moreover one should have a knowledge of statistics and computers as everything is dependent upon that. Students should have at least 50% in 12th.
- In the second scenario, as the demand is increasing, the authority has provided opportunities for the students who have done engineering or computer science. After degree as well, graduates can opt for data science course and make a career in that field.
- Someone who is willing to make a career in data science whether they are newcomer or professional can go for a part time course with their current job and make a career in it.
- The most important eligibility criteria is that data science does not require coding.
ENTRANCE EXAM FOR DATA SCIENCE
Entrance exam is required as it checks the knowledge of basic math and statistics. It is important as well because only quality and deserving students get admission into it.
For masters in data science there are a lot of entrance exams but for the basic course the requirements are negligible.
To get admission into a particular college or university they might have the entrance exam with basic patterns, so that they can check the mindset and how much students are dedicated to data science.
Many online courses do not ask for any entrance exam and do not ask for any qualifications. Lot of platforms provide courses with 100% placement.
FEES TO GET ADMISSION INTO DATA SCIENCE
Fees of colleges or universities are quite higher than online platforms. For example the fees in IIT Madras for data science is around INR 3.30 Lakhs. While the fees on online platforms are nominal and everybody could easily afford it. On coursera the fees vary between INR 1049 to 2949. On Simplilearn the fees vary from INR 20,000 to 2,55,800.
TOP COLLEGES IN INDIA FOR DATA SCIENCE
There are colleges for data science which give offline education to students. There is more demand for online platforms as it is easy to access and there are no time boundaries.
List of offline colleges for data science are mentioned below:
- IIT Madras
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi
- Coimbatore Institute of Technology
- Navrachana University, Vadodara
- Loyola Academy Degree and PG College, Secunderabad
- Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai
- NMIMS Mumbai, Mumbai
- Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- PSGCT, Coimbatore
- SRMU, Lucknow
- Amity University, Kolkata
Online courses are more in demand just because it is accessible at any point of time and less time consuming. Furthermore there are a lot of courses which are free but they don’t provide certificates at the end of the course. Paid courses provide certificates which you can use for your career. Examples of online courses are mentioned below:
From which according to reviews Coursera is having the highest rating. On the other hand Simplilearn is the one who provides placement assistance. In online platforms courses can go from weeks to a maximum of 1 year. From above mentioned only Udemy requires Coding Exercise. Online platforms are just like offline coaching as they seek assignments with timely deadlines and work on your skills as well.
SCOPE OF DATA SCIENCE
Data science is one of the most growing industries in today’s generation. People like to work on computers and most importantly work from home. Data science does provide the opportunity for everyone to do courses and earn more irrespective of the fact that they are from which field. Some of the job positions are mentioned below:
- Data Scientist: They gather large amounts of data and analyze them. From that they separate out the essential data for business
- Data Analyst: They analyze data using statistical methods and interpret trends from data.
- Data Engineer: They built a system which basically works on converting raw data into useful data.
- Business Intelligence Analyst: They manage retrieved data and analyze them for the betterment of business
- Marketing Analyst: They analyze data for marketing of a company’s effort.
- Data Architect: They evaluate and analyze the data infrastructure of a firm, plan future databases, and implement solutions.
- Machine Learning Engineer: They communicate with data scientists to design and create AI algorithms .
- Database Administrator: They basically took care of database security. They make sure that data are not misplaced or mismatched.
POTENTIAL OF THE DATA SCIENCE
It provides comfort for all the people who are working in the field of data science. This course was available but nobody has known the potential of it but nowadays most of the youth seems to go into data science careers. The salary package is good and another opportunity is you can opt for masters in the same field.
From the past 10 years the growth of the industry has increased and will increase more for every job position.
SALARY AFTER DOING DATA SCIENCE
As this industry is new and in demand you can definitely earn a good amount of money. You can work in any corporation and simultaneously you can do freelancing work as there are no time boundaries. The freshers in data science earn a minimum salary of INR 4.5 Lakhs and with experience that definitely increases. In India the salary varies from INR 4.5 lakhs to INR 26 lakhs but the average salary is INR 10 Lakhs per annum.
Many IT companies which provide salaries are listed below
- TCS: INR652,075/yr
- Mahindra: INR873,057/yr
- IBM: INR1,067,758/yr
- Infosys: INR837,251/yr
- Capgemini India Pvt Ltd: INR950,000/yr
ADDITIONAL SKILLS YOU WILL GET FROM DATA SCIENCE
- problem-solving approach: You should be aware of what is happening in your surroundings so that you can easily solve any problem.
- good programming skills: As this task requires knowledge of programming language, you should know about it and not only know but you must know how to implement it.
- Technical skills: There must be a lot of technical skills which are basic like MS excel or something which you need to be aware of.
- Strong Business Sense: You should know how to grow business as once you get the client you should know how to work with deadlines and how to communicate with them.
- Communication skills: This skill is the most important one as this requires a lot of effort and it shows how confident you are about the work. It includes the presentation of your work and how you deal with clients and your team members.
Which one is the most useful online platform to do data science?
According to reviews, coursera by google is the most useful one. As tutors over there are helpful and the course is very informative in comparison to other platforms.
What are the fees on coursera to get a certificate in data science?
Fees for the Data Science course provided by IBM Skills Network is INR 2949 per month. Fees for the Data Analysis provided by Google is INR 1049 per month.
What are the subjects will we learn from the course?
- Introduction to Data Science,
- Tools for Data Science,
- Data Science Methodology
- Python for Data Science, AI and Development
- Python project for Data Science
- Database and SQL for Data Science with Python
- Data Analysis with Python
- Data Visualisation with Python
- Machine Learning with Python
- Applied Data Science Capstone
Is Data Science in demand?
Well it is quite in demand as Youth mostly inclined towards it and it has a lot of benefits like easy accessibility and less time consumption.
Are there any prior skills we need to get enrolled into Data Science?
The only demand is you must have the basic knowledge of mathematics and statistics to do well in this course. Other skills you’ll learn by time.